Frequently asked questions
Got a question about our process or mold in general? Feel free to browse our FAQs below and you might find the answer you're looking for. If you don't, reach out to us via form or phone and we'll be happy to assist with any questions.
Our FAQs will help you understand questions you might have about mold remediation or pathogen removal. If you have a different question, please contact us, and let us know!
Mold is a type of fungus in which primary function is decomposition. It feeds on fibrous materials to break them down, which helps it grow. As it grows, it spreads spores into the air. These spores float around until they take root in a suitable material and the process starts over again.
Your technician will take an air sample upon completing the treatment and send it to an independent third-party lab. We use an accredited mold lab that has no affiliation with any mold testing or mold remediation companies. About 4-5 days after the treatment, you will get the results via email.
The home will need to be vacant during the dry fog process, so plan a place for you and your pets to be during the services. Your will receive a message a few days prior to your service that will confirm your appointment and give basic instructions on how to prepare your home. They are simple things like open all closets, close all windows, etc.
Because of the dryness of the fog, Pure Maintenance has never had a issue with wall art of paintings or electronics, but many people feel more comfortable taking expensive painting down or covering them with a blanket.
The EverPURE chemical used by NoMoldWNC has been FDA approved for food contact, but to retain the fresh taste of your produce you may want to place it in a zip lock bag or refrigerator.
You will be back in your home the same day. Each job is different but the average size home takes around 3-4 hours depending on the outdoor temperature and if windows can be opened after. You may notice a different smell when you return but that will dissipate quickly and is harmless.
Absolutely. The products are "green" and have been approved by the EPA.
No, in fact, you want to keep as many of your belongings inside the home as possible. Mold spores get trapped inside fabrics, furniture, clothing, mattresses, etc. All of those things should be treated as well.
Our patented technology creates a 7.5 micron-sized particle. A mold spore is between 12 and 30 microns. Thus, any place where a mold spore can get in or out of, the fog will penetrate those areas. In special situations where there is a known issue behind a wall, we can poke a few 1/8 inch holes between the studs and treat the back of the wall directly.
Not at all. It leaves no residue so your home and all items in it will be clean.
They certainly do not like it and many customers report that it has, but the EPA has not approved it as a pesticide so we avoid making any claims about bugs.
The stains that the mold has created will not go away but we can clean them for you at a small additional cost. If you want, you can do that yourself after the treatment and everything will be perfectly safe to handle at that point.
If all moisture and water issues are resolved, this is a very permanent solution. With minor water issues like humidity or condensation on windows, we have tested it out for about 6 years and have not been able to get mold growth because of the EverPURE antimicrobial protectant. With major water issues, you will only get about 90 days of protection.